If ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll is missing in one or both directories, program or game that uses this file cannot find it and cannot receive required data, so you get error like that:
The program can't start because ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll Not Found
Of course, you don't need to reinstall game or program. You just need to download ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll and install it properly to fix this error.
Learn how to Fix ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll file Errors
Method 1: Solving the DLL Error by Copying the ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll File to the Windows System Folder
Download the ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll error Repair Tool.
- If you are using a 64 Bit operating system, copy the "ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll" file and paste it into the "C:\Windows\sysWOW64" as well.
NOTE! On Windows operating systems with 64 Bit architecture, the dll file must be in both the "sysWOW64" folder as well as the "System32" folder. In other words, you must copy the "ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll" file into both folders.
Next, You need to do a full System Scan
- In order to complete this step, you must run the Command Prompt as administrator. In order to do this, all you have to do is follow the steps below.
NOTE! We ran the Command Prompt using Windows 10. If you are using Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, you can use the same method to run the Command Prompt as administrator.
- Open the Start Menu and before clicking anywhere, type "cmd" on your keyboard. This process will enable you to run a search through the Start Menu. We also typed in "cmd" to bring up the Command Prompt.
- Right-click the "Command Prompt" search result that comes up and click the Run as administrator" option.
- Paste the command below into the Command Line that will open up and hit Enter. This command will delete the damaged registry of the ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll file (It will not delete the file we pasted into the System32 folder; it will delete the registry in Regedit. The file we pasted into the System32 folder will not be damaged).
%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /u ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll
- If you have a 64 Bit operating system, after running the command above, you must run the command below. This command will clean the ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll file's damaged registry in 64 Bit as well (The cleaning process will be in the registries in the Registry Editor< only. In other words, the dll file you paste into the SysWoW64 folder will stay as it).
%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /u ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll
- We need to make a new registry for the dll file in place of the one we deleted from the Windows Registry Editor. In order to do this process, copy the command below and after pasting it in the Command Line, press Enter.
%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /i ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll
- Windows 64 Bit users must run the command below after running the previous command. With this command, we will create a clean and good registry for the ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll file we deleted.
%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /i ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll
- You may see certain error messages when running the commands from the command line. These errors will not prevent the installation of the ThunderMyComputerIcon.dll file. In other words, the installation will finish, but it may give some errors because of certain incompatibilities. After restarting your computer, to see if the installation was successful or not, try running the software that was giving the dll error again. If you continue to get the errors when running the software after the installation, you can try the 2nd Method as an alternative.
Click "Save File" and follow the on-screen instructions to install the program.
First, open DLLEscort, click on the "File Repair" to the right of the input "file name" and click "download"
After the download is complete, find the corresponding version of the file, click on "Open"